just got back from Tahoe today... gotta say, it was pretty sweet. just relaxing and lounging around all day long, feeling like the days back in college. Got absolutely nothing accomplished in the past 5 days, it was pretty great.
Feeling a bit out of it. refreshed. but yet, not ready for monday to begin. sometimes it's just hard to get back into the water after drying out in the sun. Even tho you know that you'll get use to the cold, you still frown upon it.
sat at home and watch the Grammy tonight and i must say, it was actually pretty good. there were a lot of performances and very little speeches. kinda like a live concert w/ commercial breaks really. quite nice really, yes. so nice that afterwards i drove to freddy's and bought the Grammy Nominees 2007 CD. Yep. cost me $12.99, but it was well worth it. 23 songs!!! two-three! that's like 56.5 cents a song. good investment indeed!
But the real reason why i wanted it so bad was 'cause of this one song. "not ready to make nice" by the Dixie Chicks (who by the way walked away with 5 grammys, including song of the year). There is just so much passion and anger and hurt, all unleashed in an elegantly-written 3 minute and 55 seconds of pissed-off fury. Releasing all the mess-up emotion inside and giving whatever comfort there are, to those who can't be comforted. A feeling hopefully i'll never have to experience, but if i ever did experience losing a love one at war, this is the song i'd want in my corner, each morning as i fight the day.
I'm not ready to make nice,
I'm not ready to back down,
I'm still mad as hell
And I don't have time
To go round and round and round
It's too late to make it right
I probably wouldn't if I could
Cause I'm mad as hell
Can't bring myself to do what it is
You think I should
Forgive, sounds good.
Forget, I'm not sure I could.
They say time heals everything,
But I'm still waiting
good stuff... btw, blogger has gone NEW blogger. whatever that means. haven't notice any diff. except i don't know how to work the NEW spell check function... yea, that might suck in the future.
up-coming attraction: stories from tahoe.
No comments:
Post a Comment