Thursday, January 18, 2007

Seek ye first...


"Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and all these should be added onto you." We've all heard this saying before (or something along that line). How simple are these words of instruction, but yet, how deep is its understanding, and even more, how hard is it to follow? There are really two parts to this commandment, and which one of them is the stopper for you?

Is it really that hard to seek Him? to give in, saying that there is one true God, one that is the source of this universe, one that is the creator of all things, and one that is... in control of everything. Ahh, to surrender your control... or perhaps, your illusion. What would that be like?

Or is the latter part the hardest? to seek ye... FIRST. As in above all else. Above your video games, your homework, your friends, beer, fondling, your grades at school, your career, family, wife... your son. Now i'm not a family man (thank goodness), but picture yourself having to choose between your daughter, one whom you've nicknamed"angel", and the kingdom of God. What would that be like?

The greatest gift that God has ever given us is our ability to make our own decisions... and yet sometimes i wish i never received that gift. Then maybe, just maybe.. I won't feel so much like peter... Because even the best fall down sometimes. And even the stars refuse to shine. Out of the back you fall in time. I somehow find, you and I ... COLLIDE! haha! yea... smooth, i know.

Take what you can out of it, if it's just a smile then... so be it.

On the plus note, things are looking up in the life of yours truly...

1. it snowed. and snowed.. and snowed some more. which meant a four day weekend for me.
2. i've recovered my bible, it was at my desk all along. I discovered it while I cleaned my desk two days ago. Now i can actually see the surface of the desk, and it's wood.
3. my desk is clean.
4. i'm trying to be on-time more often to all events, and i must say, so far.. it's been good. Last week started out a bit rough, but overall it was the earliest i've been in the office on a weekly average. However, because now i get in just late enough for my managers and mentors to notice, I am now in more trouble then ever. My manager had announced last week that he will now personally call me in the mornings to make sure i get in on time. Luckily, he has not done so yet, but he will... oh he will.
5. we, as a family, finally finished our tube of toothpaste. Thus letting us to buy a new tube a toothpaste... but not just any new tube of toothpaste, but one that actually tastes like toothpaste and not vanilla. which i disliked very much.
6. there is white rice again! yes, rejoice! For sometime now our family has been eating out of brown rice because my mom thinks it's better for the body, and there are some beans and nuts in it that are suppose to be good for the body... I hated it. and now, its gone. so all is well again. let the rejoicing begin!

On the downside...

I was scratching my butt cheek today and i smell my hand afterwards... it smells like butt.

I think it's time for a shower.


Reasons why girls fall head over heel for david #55
"He has great sense of humor... about poop and such related topics."

Jones #5
"Your life will be happy and peaceful."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dude the toothpaste smelled like it had alcohol in it... and i hated brushing with it after drinking... eww.

I kinda liked the brown rice a lil bit ;] haha. it's good for you!