Tuesday, February 21, 2006

It is rough no more.

"How great, is our God?" Sing with me now, "how great is our God?" and all will sing "how great, how great is our God?"


So according to my roomy Connie, I snore like a "mad-man." I think that's pretty bad ass... haha, must aplogize to my campers and Andy for putting up w/ me this past weekend at Theophilus, I think my snoring kept a kid up for 2 hours, and the next day he was soooo tired.


Theophilus was an amazine experience. Haven't felt like that from a retreat since back in the COHI days. Man... these past 2 weeks... just great. Just great. I wish i could share the experience with all my friends, and I am sadden to realize that no matter what i try, i cannot fabricate such an experience... it would not justify the power of the Holy Spirit, and living within the presence of God. Even tho, i will try my best, 'cause i want to share this sense of peace, comfort, joy, and love with you all. So if you wish, ask me about it.

To my faithful readers, ( that would be the 3 of you guys... alright... two....one?) Let me re-address this. To my friends out there. I know some of you are going through a rough time, we are all dealing with our problems, and some of us are just trying to survive the day. I wanted you guys to all know that, it's okay. It's okay to struggle, it's okay to go astray, it's okay if you did somethings in the past or are doing somethings that you aren't particularing too fund of. Things that you don't brag to your parents about, or hides it from your friends. Things that causes resentment, or making you cry at night. It's okay to feel lost, or unwanted, or even depressed. It's okay if you are not perfect. I accept you as you are.

You don't have to impress me with all your works and sacrifices. You don't have to buy me things or send me a valentine's card. You don't have to go through life pretending as if you are perfect, 'cause you're not. You don't have to force your body and thoughts to be righteous like Jesus, 'cause you're not. And by doing so, you're not only denying who God made you as, but more importantly, you are degrading the gospel down to a law. There is no one that is righteous, not even one, and still, I accept you as you are.

Instead of trying to be someone you're not, focus on finding out who you are, what makes you happy, what makes you sad. Know what you're looking for in a relationship, know your interests, know what makes you want to wake up early in the morning. The silly thing is that God already knew who you are, it's you who has to realize and learn about yourself. So know Thyself, and come as you are. This weekend i learned what the gospel is, and it is not what i expected to be. It became clear to me and many others at Theophilus, and a sense of calm and love came upon us. Theophilus, lovers of God. That is who we are.

So come as you are, with all your problems and imperfection. And just let it all go. Accept God's acceptance of you... this is what it's all about.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*sigh*. well said... well said.