
"If you're not living on the edge... you're taking up too much space."
I feel the need to do something drastic.
I feel the need to do something drastic.
There are a few drawbacks when one loses his wallet.
1. you lost your wallet.
2. you are now piss poor. with luck.
3. doom is near for you.
4. and the worst... no more food stamp for you!
Which sucks, 'cause i lost my wallet this weekend. I think i lost it sometime between the softball game and lobster eating contest... Damn those lobsters.
However, there are some benefits if you look at the bright side.
1. you get updated pictures on all your id's
2. i predict a new wallet in my coming future.
Went down to the food stamp place today and luckly got a new card issued. yay! to celebrate i stopped by safeway afterwards and picked me up some steak and king crabs. Mmmm...! to my defense, the king crab was on crazy sale. I got a pound of king crab legs for $5.69! it was regularly priced at $19.99. that's crazy, who would buy it at that price... silly safeway.
In april 1992 a young man from a well-to-do family hitchhiked to Alaska and awalked alone into the wilderness north of Mt. McKinly. His name was Christopher Johnson McCandless. He had given $25,000 in savings to charity, abandoned his car and most of his possessions, burned all the cash in his wallet, and invented a new life for himself. Four months later, his decomposed body was found by a mosse hunter...
Some people think he's stupid, selfish, naive. Just graduated from college, had his whole life in front of him, and threw it all away. But did he? The sad truth is this, most of us will grew old not ever fulfilling our inner desire. Yes, we would be well off, rich perhaps, comfortable and happy. But our adventure, our passion, will be lost. Considered this man blessed. For he accomplished so much more than many of us will in the course of our life time, even if it did cost his life. Silly Chris...
"I'd like to repeat the advice I gave you before, in that I think you really should make a radical change in your lifestyle and begin to boldly do things which you may previously never have thought of doing, or been too hesitant to attempt. So many people live within unhappy circumstances and yet will not take the initiative to change their situation because they are conditioned to a life of security, conformity, and conservatism, all of which may appear to give one peace of mind, but in reality nothing is more damagining to the adventurous spirit within a man than a secure future. The very basic core of a man's living spirit is his passion for adventure. The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun."
- Chris McCandless, Into the Wild. 5 months before his death.
3 comments:
It's been a while since I've seen this story. Thanks for reminding me of it.
I've lost my debit card.
I am so lost without it.
It's amazing how much money I spend, or how much I want to spend.
Perhaps it's a good thing that I don't have it on me.
Life, however, is much more complicated not knowing that I can't buy gas without going to the bank first. :(
I'm so drunk David.
Too bad you're not closer to Washginton, you'd love hanging out with me and my friends.
Boo. Ookay, the screen looks blurry nwo.q
Post a Comment