some ppl say that their life is boring. that there's nothing interesting in their life, that they're living each day like a waste. well i say to those people, "that's your fault." you choose the life you want to live, if you think your life is boring it's probably because either 1) you are boring. or 2) you don't appreciate the things around you and what God has given you, aka: "bad stewarship" let me illustrate.
I fell off my bike today (based on a true story, events that happened 2 hours and 3 minutes ago.)
I fell off my bike today as i was coming back home from work... the only other time that i crashed this hard on a bike was back in 6th grade. I went down a rocky trail, hit a rock, flew over my bike, landed and rolled my way down the hil, ruined my bike in the process. Luckly, the fall wasen't as bad this time as it was last time, my bike still works.
So I was hurrying on the way back home because i planned on heading off to Salem for my insurance class today. i'm riding my bike like i always do on a sunny thursday morning, with wind in my hair and a smile on my face. Then all hell broke lose. My gear acted up on me and switched funny by itself, knocking the bike off balance. It wasen't the first time it happened, but usually when it does happen i just shift my handlbar hard to the other side and keep on riding on. However, on this nice sunny day, my hands weren't on the handles. Thus, the front wheel turned all the way to the left, making a T-shape of my bike. The bike suddenly went from 25 mile an hour down to a dead stop in a fraction of a second.
Unfortuantly, i wasen't wearing my seat-belt at the time. so i flew off the bike at a velocity of 25 miles an hour, plus the force of that times my weight, which is roughly 145lb. (for all you science nerds at home). Anyways, 5 feets and on the ground later, I gathered the strength to pull myself on my feet thinking,
1) Ow.
2) What the $%@ just happened?
3) Think anyone saw me?
4) Shit, i'm bleeding all over the place.
5) Ow.
I embraced the launch with my palms, knees, and feet. As I looked at my hands, my palms were cut pretty bad, the skin was hanging off loose in one hand. (it's about the size of a big quarter) I feel my knees hurting a bit as i was standing up, then I looked at my feet- i was wearing sandles... did i mention that it was a really sunny day? - and my left toe is dripping blood like a loose faulcet. Then a serious of thought went through my head, the first thought was "mm.. that's funny, my blood's a little darker than i thought it would be..." apparently i'm still in the stage of shock. The next thought in my head was "what the $%@ just happened????" apparently i'm still stupid. After getting my broken reflector off the side of the road, (oh btw, i was coming down on 30th, riding on the side of the road) I managed to put my bike back together, fixed it up a bit, and headed home.
I decided to get back on the bike and ride home instead of walking home because
1) big boys don't cry, they get back on.
2) by this time my sandle is getting a pretty good soak from my left toe. I want to salvage my sandle.
3) perhaps the main reason: there are ppl watching, gotta play it off cool.
So i got home, locked up my bike, not know what i should do next, just hoping that my roomies are home and perhaps they can take me to get help or some supplies for my wounds. Lucky for me, they were sleeping... at 11:15am. Granted that they both had a long night, probably didn't get much sleep, if any at all. Either way, i put effort in waking them up so they can tend to my care.
Me: "Ow, Umm... I fell of my bike."
Chris: sleeping..... sleeping... sleeping... "..huh?" ... sleeping...
thus, i turned to connie. now connie has always been the responsible one. which is why i expected more from her.
setting: at the door of connie's room, after finding out she's out like a bear in winter.
Me: whispering.. "connie... connie..."
no response.
Me: "connie... are you awake?"
no response.
Me: "connie....connie... Puppies!!..... Connie?"
she's dead to me.
so it's me flying solo. It’s okay, I’m a big boy and I can do this. I started washing off my wounds, then I realized that these wounds are pretty bad, I should seek professional care. So I grabbed some paper towel, wrapped it around my hands and toe, found some tape and taped it down and off to the Student Health Center.
The experience at SHC was quite pleasant. They really took care of me like a professional, makes me almost want to hurt myself more often. Anyways, here are some things that I learned at the SHC.
1) when you’re bleeding to death, you get immediate care. (haha sucker! To the guy with the cast around his leg, and also to that guy in the wheelchair… yea…)
2) There are more nerves on your hands than your toes. And when it comes to injuries, nerves = pain.
3) the most painful part is when they cut off the skins with the tweezer and a scissor. Gotta watch out for that tweezer, it can sneak up on you and poke you till you scream. I didn’t scream.
4) It’s recommended that you get a Tetnaus shot every 10 years. And since I didn’t know when my last shot was, I got one. Now I’m good till I’m 32 baby!
5) Sometimes, not often, but sometimes, and mostly for middle age white female nurse, my name can seem like “Wide-COW” instead of “Way-COOL.” What the??? Seriously lady. “Wide-COW?” I'll let you guys be the judge (wei-kuo).
6) Nurse Sandy was very nice and made my day better.
The visit to the SHC was a good call. Let’s just hope that they don’t charge me an arm and a leg for the costs. Afterwards, I went to Freddy’s to get some medical supplies and lunch. I found out that when you have a big toe injury, it’s best if you don’t drive a stick. Anyways, I got home from my interesting morning, walked in the door, and my roomies are still sleeping. It’s 1pm...
Some ppl say that their life is boring, that their no excitement in their life. Perhaps they just stopped being thankful for what them have. We often take a lot of things for granted without thinking about them, such as our health, our transportation means, and most importantly, our friends. If that is the case for you, then I say this. Get off your feet and start doing shit, and as you're doing them, remember that this world is not about you.
My hands look like Jesus' on a bad day
Mmm... bloody toe. luckily, my nails were fine.
Things to be thankful for:
1) Luckily, I wasn’t wearing my aviator glasses when I fell. But I’m wearing them now.
2) The skins on my toe were ripped off upon impact. Thus saving me the pain of ripping them off by nurse Sandy.
3) Got a free bucket complimentary of the SHC, now I can soak my feet in peace.
4) No cars drove by when I crashed, or it might have been a lot worst.
5) Since I’m not going to salem anymore, now I can study for my midterm on Monday.
“Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your forbearing spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, shall guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”
- Philippians 4:4-7
Vote for Nick and Annette for ASOUS president & vice!

2 comments:
man.
you and bikes, man... dammit ;]
welp, it's up to you. If you don't come back Home home I think your wounds will heal and mom and dad will be none the wiser, haha.
love ya and be careful driving.
WIDE-Cow,
sorry i poked your toe!
i might do it again. oops i mean i won't do it again. muahahahah~ get better!
jinj
Post a Comment